Meet The Teacher: Miss Asha
1. Give us 5 words that describe you best!
Determined, focused, caring, helpful and super funny :P
2. How did you start dancing?
My mum was a dance teacher before I was born, so basically as soon as I was born I was dancing with my mum.
3. What’s your favourite thing about dancing?
My favourite part of dancing is performing. Being on stage, with the lights and all my friends doing what we love is the most fun.
4. What’s your favourite style of dance and why?
Tap and lyrical! Tap because it's awesome and so much fun and lyrical because you can really express stories and feelings.
5. What’s your favourite treat food?
6. What’s the craziest/most bizarre thing that’s ever happened to you/you’ve ever done?
I've dances, sung and acted at the Sydney Opera House once, that was crazy!
7. Do you have a sneaky-talent?
I don't think it's sneaky because everyone hears me but singing is my super power.
8. What are your goals as a dance teacher?
My goal is to show the kids that they are capable of things they never thought possible. To encourage them to be the best person they can be.
9. Who is your dance inspiration?
Honestly, it's the kids I teach that inspire me daily, I wouldn't be able to do what I do without their enthusiasm and energy.
10. What’s your favourite quote or words of affirmation?
We are toucans not tou-cannots. (Basically, don't say you can't do something, give it a go and try)
11. If you could give your students one bit of advice, what would it be?